Summer is about fun in the sun, BBQs and in the coffee world all about that cold coffee life. Why not take the opportunity to try out making a brew at home!
The best part about coffee is you can brew however your heart desires in whatever brew method you want. Some great ways to play with making cold coffee is working with brew devices you might already have.
If you have a chemex or french press we’ve got some great recipes for you to try out.
- Coffee: 30g
- Hot Water: 240g
- Ice: 120g
- Fold filter with threefold toward the spout.
- Prewet filter and discard water.
- Set filter aside.
- Add 120g ice into Chemex Brewer.
- Place filter inside chemex with threefold toward the spout. Add 30g of medium ground coffee
- Begin timer.
- Slowly pour 60g hot water in small circular motions. Let ‘bloom’ for 45 seconds.
- Slowly pour 18-g water in small circular motions.
- Target Brew Time: 2:30-3:00
French Press Cold Brew:
- Coffee: 115g (4 oz)
- Cold Water: 650g (23 oz)
- Add 115g coarse coffee.
- Slowly add 650g water, making sure to fully saturate all grounds.
- Place lid on top of French Press. Do not press top plunger. Allow coffee to brew for 18 hours.
- Once brew time is complete, carefully press plunger and pour contents through extra cloth/paper filter.
- Serve cold brew using 1 part coffee concentrate to 1-2 parts water or dairy/dairy free milk.
- Add ice.