No espresso machine? No problem. Learn how to make a capuccino or latte with faux-spresso using Instant Coffee.
Instant Cappuccino or Latte
Partners Coffee Team
Nothing is a perfect substitute for cafe-quality espresso, but using Specialty Instant Coffee you can make a satisfying alternative at home or on the go. Grab a box of your favorite Instant, your milk of choice and a steam wand or hand frother to bring together a comforting cafe beverage in just a couple of minutes.
Specialty Instant Coffee, one sachet
Milk or alternative milk of choice, 6-8oz
Steam wand or hand frother
To make your Instant "espresso"
Add 20g of 200 degree water to one sachet of Instant Coffee in your favorite cup or mug
Stir until fully dissolved and set aside
If you're using a steam wand:
Add 6-8oz of milk to steaming pitcher
Steam as usual to desired consistency, incorporating more micro foam for a cappuccino and stopping when pitcher is hot to the touch
Pour into Instant "espresso" as you usually would - you are even able to create latte art!
If using a hand frother or other device:
Add 6-8oz of warm milk or alternative milk to pitcher
Froth to desired consistency
Pour into Instant "espresso" and mix
In order to make the best possible Instant Cappuccino or Latte, be sure to:
- Start with a clean glass
- Use filtered, hot water to dissolve grounds
- Fully dissolve grounds before adding milk
- Begin with 20g of hot water and adjust to your liking
- Begin with 6-8oz of milk and adjust up or down to your preference
- Avoid over-heating milk if using a steam wand
- Use barista-grade or barista-blend when using alternative milks for the best result